I’m here so it must be live-blogging time for Impact
- Video recapping last week’s episode. That is a nice touch that they should do more often.
- Christian is in the back being interviewed with his gang and an entourage of security guards- at the very least they’ll do more than Turtle or Drama would.
- We start with Robert Roode wrestling Sting in a No DQ match. Sting starts out as he normally does with all the offense and throwing Roode around ringside.
It took 10 minutes and then Tenay mentions how they tied their highest ratings ever last week. Then Don West sounds stupid by saying “Why shouldn’t we be breaking records?” Well,
We are back and Eric Young is cheering on Sting. Traci Brooks slaps Sting which helps Roode get the advantage.
Roode gets the chair but Young pulls it from him which leads to the Scorpion Death Drop and a 3 count.
Hopefully they build to a pay per match between these two. Given some extra time I bet they could have a good match.
- Interview with Dustin Rhodes and he says he hates Chris Harris because he doesn’t deserve a spot on top. I really hope this doesn’t lead to bringing in all kinds of veterans to put Harris over. Rhodes is apparently also doing a split personality gimmick. Goodie.
- Kurt Angle is talking with his psychiatrist. He chooses Armani suits over taking care of orphans. Is ther a choice here?
- Still with his therapist. I think they are trying to hard this week for the humor.
- Motor City Machine Gun time as Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin are out. They are taking on LAX.
Some really good offensive teamwork by the MCMG. Pretty much an even steven back and forth match. Lots of highspots. Finish comes when Homicide blocks a Superplex attempt and Hernandez sets Shelley on his shoulders and then Homicide hits a Doomsday Ace Crusher for the 3 count. Sweet looking move.
- Team 3D comes out and brushes off LAX then calls out The Steiners as we head to commercial.
- Steiners come out and say Team 3D shouldn’t talk to the Puerto Rican people like that because they saved his life.
Brother Ray calls Rick half retarded and Scott counters back by telling him to shut up while his thyroid keeps spinning out of control. Nice.
Scott tells him he was fighting for something more than pride when they were supposed to wrestle. Brother Ray calls him a coward. Scott says anytime anywhere. That brings out VKM
Kip and BG enter the ring and BG says they are the best ever. Now they are bringing up the Monday Night Wars. This has turned into a wrestling fan’s fantasy tag draft.
A fight breaks out and the Steiners get beat up by the other two teams. They choke out Rick with the Puerto Rican flag which brings out LAX and they help the Steiners. Interesting. Great segment as well.
- Angle finishes up his therapy and then it is revealed he has been talking with Kevin Nash.
- Styles vs Abyss in a No DQ match. Abyss is on the attack and controls offense up until the commercial break.
We come back and catch the last minute of Styles on offense before we get the Abyss comeback. He throws Styles into a chair and then hits the Shock Treatment. Styles counters the Black Hole Slam and hits the Pele Kick.
Styles springboards in but gets caught with the chokeslam. Tomko comes to ringside and Styles hits him low but gets caught with the Black Hole Slam. Tomko enters and then the lights go out which signifies Sting is coming. Abyss goes to get the tacks but gets pulled out the ring and comes out a bloody mess. Christian then walks out which means he wasn’t under the ring.
Sting gets beat up in the ring by Roode, Styles, and Tomko and then gets chokeslammed into the broken glass.
Abyss then gets rolled in the ring and he gets chokeslammed into the glass and tacks which leads to the 3 count for Styles. The Roode and Styles fight over who gets to hug Christian. I know some will complain about the interference but that was an effectively done final segment.
Two really good segments in the show and then a lot of filler. Thumbs in the middle this week leaning up.